We laugh about his stupidity. It is really dangerous to laugh. I am convinced twitler is NOT stupid. Ignorant, but not stupid. He has a plan. His comments are aimed at encouraging his racist base. His antics are carefully designed to remove our focus from one divisive move to the next outrageous stunt. He is using a laser pointer and laughing at all the “cute kittens” falling over themselves to chase the red dot. He is removing as many department heads as possible to gain power. He has a plan folks. He is not stupid. He is ignorant, divisive and EVIL.
*NUMBERS IN PARENTESES ARE TO DOUBLE THE RECEIPE. I MAKE TWO LOAVES AND FREEZE ONE
2 (4) cups almond meal or flour
1/4 (1/2) cup tapioca flour
1/2 (1) t of baking soda
1/4 (1/2) t of salt
1 (2) t pepper (or a little less according to taste)
1/4 (1/2) t garlic powder
1 (2) t or oregano (or a little less according to taste)
3-4 (5-6) eggs
1/4 (1/2) cup almond milk, milk or cream
1 (2) T ghee or butter or margarine or cocunut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a medium to large bowl, mix the dry ingredients
3. Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Mixture will be thick.
5. Pour into a SMALL greased loaf pan and bake for one hour.
I am SO excited. It is amazing how difficult things can lead to a new idea. Being grain-free has been surprisingly easy for me, with one exception. Breakfast. I like eggs – just not in the morning. I have been making do by eating dinner leftovers or yogurt with honey and chopped nuts. I really miss oatmeal. Yes – it is gluten free, but it is a grain, so I need to stay away from it.
Well – I just had dental surgery and am on a soft-food diet. While grocery shopping for something – ANYTHING – to vary my diet I found this. Hodgson Mill Gluten Free BUCKWHEAT Creamy Hot Cereal. Yay!! In spite of its name, buckwheat is NOT a grain. The only other ingredient is ground flax seeds.
I made it this morning following the directions for the microwave. It can also be cooked on the stove. It was delicious. I added a little honey. I also used a mix of heavy cream and water to add richness. Yum!! Next time I plan to use some maple syrup and see how that tastes.
So there is a bright side to dental surgery after all. Hopefully I will make more discoveries. I probably will be able to go on a more varied diet in a week or so. The whole process will take a minimum of 4 months – so hopefully there will be some more good finds on this long road!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas, warmed (TO MAKE THIS GRAIN FREE, USE LARGE LETTUCE LEAVES INSTEAD OF TORTILLAS)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
- Toss to combine.
- Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread shrimp, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
- Cook at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve in warm tortillas
The original recipe can be found here.
*Can substitute chicken or steak strips. Here is the recipe for steak fajitas.
Our all -time favorite dish. Great for a meal that can be ready in 15-20 minutes
Use your judgement for amount of each ingredient. I make mine for two generally.
INGREDIENTS FOR STIR FRY
1 Carrot sliced thinly on the diagonal
1 Sweet pepper cut in bite size chunks
About 10 bite-size chunks of pineapple
I onion cut into large slices
1 small zucchini cut into chunks
4-5 sliced mushrooms
Add oil to a heated pan (I use olive oil or grapeseed oil)
10 large shrimp
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
I have no idea of the excact amounts. The total should add up to about a half cup.
Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce (probably other companies make this if you do not have a Trader Joes)
Gluten-free Soy Sauce (1 tsp?)
Heaping tablespoon of orange marmalade
1 tsp or tapioca flour (if you are not totally grain free you can use cornstarch)
Heat oil in a heated pan. I use olive oil or grapeseed oil
Start adding veggies with the ones that need the most cooking first.
Cook two minutes after each addition of vegetables.
Add shrimp last
When shrimp have turned pink, add the sauce and cook for a minute