Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas, warmed (TO MAKE THIS GRAIN FREE, USE LARGE LETTUCE LEAVES INSTEAD OF TORTILLAS)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, shrimp, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
- Toss to combine.
- Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread shrimp, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
- Cook at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve in warm tortillas
The original recipe can be found here.
*Can substitute chicken or steak strips. Here is the recipe for steak fajitas.
Our all -time favorite dish. Great for a meal that can be ready in 15-20 minutes
Use your judgement for amount of each ingredient. I make mine for two generally.
INGREDIENTS FOR STIR FRY
1 Carrot sliced thinly on the diagonal
1 Sweet pepper cut in bite size chunks
About 10 bite-size chunks of pineapple
I onion cut into large slices
1 small zucchini cut into chunks
4-5 sliced mushrooms
Add oil to a heated pan (I use olive oil or grapeseed oil)
10 large shrimp
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
I have no idea of the excact amounts. The total should add up to about a half cup.
Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce (probably other companies make this if you do not have a Trader Joes)
Gluten-free Soy Sauce (1 tsp?)
Heaping tablespoon of orange marmalade
1 tsp or tapioca flour (if you are not totally grain free you can use cornstarch)
Heat oil in a heated pan. I use olive oil or grapeseed oil
Start adding veggies with the ones that need the most cooking first.
Cook two minutes after each addition of vegetables.
Add shrimp last
When shrimp have turned pink, add the sauce and cook for a minute
This is my favorite recipe. If you sub broccoli rice and add cheddar cheese it makes a great side dish.
Mushroom risotto made with cauliflower rice.
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
6 Cloves Garlic – Minced
4 oz. Onion – Diced
1 Large Shallot (About 1 oz.)
8 oz. Mushrooms – Thinly Sliced
2 Cups Chicken Stock – Divided
4 Cups Cauliflower Rice
1 Cup Heavy Cream
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
2 Tbs. Italian Flat Leaf Parsley – Chopped
Sea Salt and Pepper – To taste
(2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
In a large sauté pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. To the pan, add garlic, onion, and shallot. Sauté until soft and fragrant. About 5 minutes.
To the pan, add mushrooms and 1 cup chicken stock. Sauté until mushrooms are soft. About 5 minutes.
Add cauliflower and remaining 1 cup chicken stock and stirring frequently, sauté 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Let simmer 10 minutes to thicken.
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 55 mins Servings: 4
1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise thinly
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs (SUB ALMOND FLOUR)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg, and dredge with almond flour
Place slices on a parchment paper lined cookie tray
Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes per side
Lower temperature to 350°F
Pour a little sauce in bottom of a baking pan, sprayed lightly with olive oil spray
Arrange half the eggplant slices in the bottom of the baking dish
Spread half the remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat layers.
Bake 40 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
Going grain-free does not mean no desserts. Here is a favorite of mine. It will be rhubarb season in New York one of these days!
3 cups strawberries,halved
3 cups rhubarb,chopped
½ cup honey
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons honey
¾ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
1/8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
4 tablespoons butter or ghee, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Mix strawberries, rhubarb and honey thoroughly and place in an 8”x8” ungreased pan
2. Mix all other ingredients until crumbly, sprinkle over fruit mixture and bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden.