I got it from my Dad

I got a Mother’s Day Card from my daughter this weekend that made me howl with laughter.  You will need a little background…..

When our daughter was a teenager, she was not feeling well one day.  It got worse, and had some worrisome symptoms.  We eventually called an ambulance.  Well, it turned out to be something calculated to make a teenage girl cringe…. a bad and unanticipated case of monthly cramps.  Needless to say, she was completely and totally embarrassed.  (Note: This embarrassment has obviously not stopped me from sharing the incident with the world).

My husband is a very kind, thoughtful and funny guy.  On the way back home he drove us to a drug store to get the needed feminine supplies.  Then he took us to a fabric store so we could get some craft supplies.  When my daughter and I got back in the car, there sat Bob with tampons sticking out of his nose and his ears!!!  We all dissolved in helpless laughter at the sight. What could have always been a mortifying incident in Kristin’s life instead has become a funny family story…trotted out frequently during family “remember when” sessions.

Here is the card she sent me for Mothers’ Day:

Don't worry, when people ask me where I get it from....

I tell them I got it from my Dad. Happy Mothers' Day!

Excuse the quality of the pix.  My scanner is broken and I had to use my ipad camera.  Not the best.  Oh well.

2 thoughts on “I got it from my Dad

1. This is my Granddaughter. My Daughter created this card for Hallmark. Glad you enjoyed it!

2. How amazing that you found this. I have saved the card because it has so many fond memories. Thanks for commenting!