Finding your passion

It’s what education is all about.

Jordan is one of my favorite seniors.  His passion is woodworking and carpentry.  One day he lovingly stroked the curved wooden trim on the circulation desk, saying, “Ahhhh….I don’t know how to do this yet.  I can’t WAIT to learn.”  You just know he has chosen the right field with that kind of interest.

Here are some pictures of him with the Adirondack chair he made for his Mom for Mother’s Day.  All you moms out there, just put your hands on your heart right now and say “ahhhh..how sweet!”.

Even more impressive.  He started with a LOG.  From the log, he cut the boards and put together the chair.  He brought it to our library workroom to keep it a secret until he was done with the finishing.  In the end, it also sported a carved heart with the word “MOM” inscribed.

Every teacher who came in was in awe of his talent.  What a wonderful person he is. His parents must be so proud.

I hate it when the chicks leave the nest…..

5 thoughts on “Finding your passion

1. That is totally amazing!

He’s also blessed with knowing what he want to do already. So many kids graduate from high school and don’t really know (myself included).

2. I think it is odd that I never thought of becoming a librarian when I was younger. Why did it take me reaching age 41 before I came up with the idea?