This Man!

ChiefBrown.jog

I am staying away from the politics of all this…black lives matter, police lives matter, all lives matter….. ALL the catch phrases have their supporters and detractors. However – I MUST post this. I SO admire this man for not letting tragedy ruin his life. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for the way we think and organize our lives. EVERYONE suffers tragedy in life.  We can’t escape it whether we are rich or poor, black or white – no matter what.  Our only comfort is that we have a choice how to respond to the terrible things that life throws at us.  How many likes or dislikes we get on Facebook, Twitter etc. doesn’t make a twit of difference.  WE have the choice to let circumstances make or break us.  In the midst of all the terrible shootings that have happened, I can still see many shining lights.  Two of them that come to the top of my mind are the congregation of the church in Charleston South Carolina brutally attacked by Dylann Roof and now this man – Chief Brown.

From Heroes in Blue:

His son died after being shot 12 times by police officers (after his son had previously killed an officer) and his brother was murdered by drug dealers. Rather than burn down the block he has risen to run one of the largest police departments in the nation in his efforts to stop police brutality. 

He is Chief David Brown, head of the Dallas Police Department. This week he saw five of his officers murdered during a peaceful rally in Dallas. He is one of many ‪#‎HeroesInBlue‬ actively working to make our communities a better, safer place.

Thank you for your service, Chief Brown. Keep up the great work.

2 thoughts on “This Man!

1. I so agree! To paraphrase what Chief Brown said, God put him here, at this time, for a reason–to be a leader and an inspiration to all of us. He has conducted himself with grace and dignity that transcends any pettiness, anger and retribution. If only all of our leaders were as strong, honorable and well-grounded.

2. Thanks for your comment. I am glad that the commenting feature finally worked! I just really admire people who can take what they have been given and make something positive out of it. amazing man – and just the right person to be in this very difficult position. He is certainly where he is badly needed. And yes – if only all politicians could be like this man!