I am scaring myself….

In spite of being of a very liberal mindset – I find myself actually agreeing with some conservative voices lately.   Sends shivers down my spine.

First I find myself admiring a column by Charles Krauthammer, and today I find myself saying “right on!” to Rick Perry via a Michael Gerson post. How surreal is THIS title??? Rick Perry emerges as a responsible voice among Republicans, by Michael Gerson.  

Maybe I am just more moderate than I think.  I just can’t bring myself to use the term conservative when referring to my political leanings.  Or maybe Donald Trump has addled my brains. I am just so incredibly relieved to realize that there is a portion of conservative voters that have not been mesmerized by this travesty of a candidate.  Also – if truth be told – I don’t think Hillary has a chance of winning.  So…I am looking for a viable Republican candidate.  The world as we know it might just come to an end if I actually end up voting for a Republican presidential candidate.  It is something I have NEVER done.  I have voted (reluctantly) for Republican candidates in state and local governments – but NEVER for a presidential candidate.

Some far right conservatives have said that liberals are so rabidly anti-Trump because The Trumpeter actually has a very good chance of winning.  Again – I find myself agreeing with the conservatives.  Scary, no matter which way you look at it.

Might be adding more thoughts to this post later.   Or, more likely,  I might just wander off again…..

2 thoughts on “I am scaring myself….

1. I just got a response via FB from a favorite former student.

He says: I think Bernie Sanders has a very good chance to win, considering how well his grassroots internet campaign has gone. I definitely agree, that Hillary is seeming like less and less of a viable candidate. But I plan on voting Bernie myself. Conservative thinking just scares me a lot of the time.

I say:
    I also Like Bernie. But I just don’t see him getting the nomination. I SO want to see a woman prez in my lifetime. But the US had so much trouble with an Aftrican-american prez, that I think we might need a short break from a non-traditional president to give the conservatives time to settle down and realize that the country can survive a non-traditional presidency. After all – that is why we have term limits….so no one had to be miserable for more than 8 years. .

2. I definitely cannot stand Trump, I will never vote for him. I will vote for a Democrat before I vote for him (but not Hillary). See…not all of us are mesmerized. He is so full of hate. It truly makes me ill to hear some “Christians” supporting him.