The Internet as Book Seller

I have noticed the videos on Amazon before – but I took the time to look at the one posted for the book The Elements By Theodore Gray.

I know that the book publishing industry is hurting – but this is one way to use the internet to promote the business.

I have been a big fan of Amazon since practically the day it opened.  I knew I had to cut back a little when they sent me a thank-you gift at Christmas.

Still – I have not jumped into the ebook ocean yet.  Have actually not really been tempted.  Until now.  I REALLY want an iPad.

I will be watching it for the next year.  If the proposed iBooks store is anything like iTunes – I am DOOMED.

5 thoughts on “The Internet as Book Seller

1. Oh, I get it now. I just watched the video over at Amazon and realized THAT’s what you were referring to. You were talking about that nifty publisher-produced video that Amazon has published on the page for the book. Yes, it’s a great video by the author and his publishing company. I might even need to repost that. I was just referring to Amazon the corp. and some of their questionable decisions, not the publisher-produced content you were rightly praising.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Thanks for the link. The dust-up with Macmillan went under my radar completely. As you say – I was mostly pointing out the video for my science teachers to look at, and expressing my interest in the iPad.

3. That’s a great use for your money. You will have to come up with some loan policies. If someone breaks it or loses it – will parents pay? But I sure would want to give it a try if I could work out this concern. I am going to wait a year to get one myself. Wait to see how the bookstore works out. Do you know if you will be able to download books from Amazon – or will they work only on a Kindle?