Reading Strategies In a Hyperlinked World

I have the sense that our students are losing the ability and/or willingness to read deeply, because  the internet  has changed the dynamics of reading.
I can find lots of articles and books suggesting that this is happening – but so far have not found practical teaching strategies to address the problem.  Surely there are new  strategies emerging to teach reading in a hyperlinked world.
I would love some help with the following:
1.  Titles of books or articles on internet literacy strategies.
2.  Search strategies to locate such articles, since I am not having much luck locating articles on my own.
Thanks for any ideas you can share.

6 thoughts on “Reading Strategies In a Hyperlinked World

1. Jacquie- I find these same thoughts incredibly interesting. I’d like to give students a full length article, tell them to read it and then read it again. I don’t think they get really comprehending something, digesting the information given.
    The 3rd article left by Mary Jane looks interesting. I may search for full text.
    Love to read your results of inquiry.

2. Yes – I agree. I also especially want to read the articles Mary Jane has suggested. I will try to get a copy of the third article. I have run across it before – but it is not available in any of my databases.