And the award for best blog comment goes to….

I ran across Wiki Woes at Green and Gray Librarian, via a post on Library Stuff.

After making a staff presentation on Blogs, RSS & Wikis the “Green & Gray Librarian” said:

I think the presentation was mostly me talking to the walls. I know a few members of the staff were interested, but I think the rest will simply dismiss it as useless information.

I just LOVE this response from Aaron.

Those librarians will care about technological trends and how they affect their jobs in a few years – when the first generation raised on WiFi and high speed internet and web-enabled toilet seats reaches college age. Since these kids have never been told that the web is anything other than the Final Authority On Everything, they will see absolutely no use for a library – mostly because the very same librarians who couldn’t be bothered to listen to you never took the time to explain to them why the library is necessary. Then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy, and the librarians will all become redundant and lose their jobs.

One thought on “And the award for best blog comment goes to….

1. Pingback: Please get out of the new road If you can’t lend your hand | Wanderings...